News feeds from 海角社区app
What are News Feeds?
News feeds allow you to see when 海角社区app has added new content. You can get the latest headlines and video, as soon as it’s published, without having to visit the website.
Feeds are also known as RSS. RSS stands for 'Really Simple Syndication'. In essence, the feeds themselves are just web pages, designed to be read by computers rather than people.
How do I start using feeds?
In general, the first thing you need is something called a news reader. This is a piece of software that checks the feeds and lets you read any new articles that have been added. There are many different versions, some of which are accessed using a browser, and some of which are downloadable applications.
Browser-based news readers let you catch up with your RSS feed subscriptions from any computer, whereas downloadable applications let you store them on your main computer, in the same way that you either download your e-mail using Outlook, or keep it on a web-based service like GMail or Yahoo Mail.
Once you have chosen a news reader, all you have to do is to decide what content you want it to receive.
If you click on the RSS button you can subscribe to the feed in various ways, including by dragging the URL of the feed into your news reader or by cutting and pasting the same URL into a new feed in your news reader. Most sites that offer feeds use a similar orange button, but some may just have a normal web link.
Some browsers, including Firefox, Opera and Safari, automatically check for feeds for you when you visit a website, and display an icon when they find one. This can make subscribing to feeds much easier. For more details on these, please check their websites.
Using 海角社区app feeds on your site
If you run your own website, you can display the latest headlines from our websites on your own site using RSS.
We encourage the use of 海角社区app feeds as part of a website, however, we do require that the proper format and attribution is used when 海角社区app content appears. The attribution text should read "海角社区app" or "theconstructionindex.co.uk" “theconstructionindex.co.uk/news” “theconstructionindex.co.uk/press” “www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/tenders” as appropriate.
We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of 海角社区app content and 海角社区app does not accept any liability for its feeds.
Please see the Terms & Conditions for full details.
Terms & Conditions
By downloading a 海角社区app RSS Feed from www.theconstructionindex.co.uk you agree to be bound by the terms set out below (the "Standard Licence Terms"). These Standard Licence Terms may be updated by 海角社区app from time to time. Please review these Standard Licence Terms each time you download a Construction Index Feeds.
Your download and/or use of a 海角社区app Feeds indicates your agreement to these Standard Licence Terms.
- 1. Licence
- 1.1 Subject to the terms of this Agreement 海角社区app grants you a non-transferrable, non-sublicensable, royalty free non-exclusive licence to display on your website ("Site") the headlines, active links or other source identifiers and other information or materials that you specifically select to receive from 海角社区app via 海角社区app Feeds ("海角社区app Content").
- 1.2 All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to 海角社区app Feeds shall remain the property of 海角社区app.
- 1.3 Nothing in these Standard Licence Terms grants you any right to use 海角社区app logo / trade mark on your Site or elsewhere.
- 2. Use of 海角社区app Content
- 2.1 You may not use the Feeds or display any Construction Index Content on any Site that is a web site that is excluded by 海角社区app (scroll down for the list of Excluded Websites as may be amended by 海角社区app from time to time).
- 2.2 YOU MUST ENSURE THAT ALL CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT ON YOUR SITE HAS AN ACCREDITATION TO THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONSTRUCTION INDX ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES (SCROLL DOWN FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES AS MAY BE AMENDED BY THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX FROM TIME TO TIME).
- 2.3 YOU MAY NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY CHARGE USERS SPECIFICALLY FOR ACCESSING THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT OR OTHERWISE COMMERCIALISE SUCH CONTENT, NOR ATTEMPT TO RE-SELL THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT IN ANY WAY.
- 2.4 Where possible you must create a functional link back to 海角社区app News story(ies)/ Tenders/ Suppliers News, summarised by 海角社区app Content . If you are displaying 海角社区app Feeds where a functional link back to 海角社区app is not possible, you must display on-screen the URL from which 海角社区app Content can be obtained (scroll down to the accreditation section below.) You may not directly or indirectly change, edit, add to or produce summaries of 海角社区app Content or any content on 海角社区app website nor place any full-story from the Construction Index content in an HTML frame-set.
- 2.5 You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by 海角社区app of your Site or any non-Construction Index entity, product or content or any views expressed within your site or service.
- 2.6 You acknowledge that 海角社区app has absolute editorial control over all Construction Index Content and you accept that 海角社区app is editorially independent and that the editorial integrity of 海角社区app Content is the sole responsibility of 海角社区app.
- 2.7 Should you receive any enquiries which relate to 海角社区app or 海角社区app Content you should promptly refer such enquiries to /contact
- 3. Warranties & Liability
- 3.1 You warrant to 海角社区app that:
- (i) you have fully complied with, and shall continue to comply fully with, all applicable laws and regulations;
- (ii) the Site shall contain no material which is libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or which brings 海角社区app into disrepute, or which is in breach of any third party intellectual property rights; and
- (iii) users of the Site shall be required to comply with terms that are equivalent to the Standard Licence Terms in relation to their use of 海角社区app Content.
- 3.2 海角社区app Feeds is made available by 海角社区app on an "as is" and "as available" basis and 海角社区app gives no warranty of any kind in relation to 海角社区app Feeds, 海角社区app Content, or any content on 海角社区app website. 海角社区app disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, and accuracy regarding 海角社区app Content, the Construction Index Feeds and 海角社区app website and any content thereon.
- 3.3 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY ARISING IN RELATION TO THE CONSTRUCTION FEEDS, THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT OR ANY CONTENT ON THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX WEBSITE, ANY VIRUS OR OTHER CONTAMINATION OR ANY UNAVAILABILITY OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDEX CONTENT.
- 3.4 Each provision of this Clause 3 operates separately in itself and survives independently of the others.
- 3.1 You warrant to 海角社区app that:
- 4. Indemnity
- 4.1 You hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend 海角社区app in respect of all damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or as a result of any breach of the Standard Licence Terms or otherwise in connection with your use of 海角社区app Feeds (including 海角社区app Content).
- 5. Termination
- 5.1 You may terminate this Agreement and the licence granted herein at any time by destroying or removing all copies of 海角社区app Feeds (including 海角社区app Content) from your Site, all hard drives, networks and other storage media.
- 5.2 海角社区app may restrict, suspend or terminate 海角社区app Feeds, this Agreement, the licence granted herein or your access to 海角社区app Feeds at any time without liability. You agree to destroy all copies of 海角社区app Feeds (including 海角社区app Content) upon receiving notice of termination from 海角社区app.
- 5.3 Clauses 3, 4 and 6 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- 6. General
- 6.1 Neither party may assign, charge, sublicense or otherwise deal with its rights or obligations in this Agreement in whole or in part to any third party.
- 6.2 This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, arrangements and understandings between the parties concerning its subject matter. Each of the parties acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement made by the other in the course of entering into this Agreement.
- 6.3 Any failure or delay by either party in exercising its rights under any provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of those rights at any time now or in the future.
- 6.4 This Agreement shall be governed by, construed and take effect in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute which may arise out of or in connection with this Agreement.
海角社区app RSS feeds and any Construction Index content contained within 海角社区app RSS feeds may only be displayed on websites that do not fall into any one or more of the categories listed below. A site will be deemed to fall within one of the following categories where there is a material and prominent section of the Site that falls within such category.
1. Sites that incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour
2. Sites that promote, encourage or facilitate violence
3. Sites that promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk UK national security
4. Sites that discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society
5. Sites that promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity
6. Sites which are misleading, pornographic, defamatory, or that contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under UK law
7. Sites which infringe individual privacy
Any Construction Index RSS feeds or content from 海角社区app on your site must incorporate an attribution (credit) to 海角社区app in one of the following forms:
(delete as applicable), or
"This content / article is from 海角社区app Website / theconstructionindex.co.uk" (delete as applicable)
If you are displaying a 海角社区app RSS feeds in a context where a functional link back to the article on 海角社区app website is not possible then you must use the following attribution (credit)
You may not use any 海角社区app logo or other Construction Index trade mark /Logo without written permission.